Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thank Heaven for the Little Things!

I have only been a mother for about a month and already I have a new appreciation for the little things in life! Here are some of the little things I took for granted before I was a mother and now I am truely thankful for every day!

Before: OB/GYN's must have been crazy to do what they do! What a weird and creepy job!
Now: I hope there is a special place in heaven for anyone who is willing to sacrifice so much to bring our children into the world.

Before: If a public bathroom was clean-great!
Now: If a public bathroom has limited amounts of tile on the wall-wonderful! That is less echo my child's screams make and less stares I get when I leave the restroom!

Before: Anything less than eight hours of sleep was being completely deprived!
Now: Any opportunity to get to shut my eyes for more than one full second is very much appreciated!

Before: The thought of a catheter was a very scary thought!
Now: The thought of a catheter is a beautiful thing! I think all pregnant women should get a catheter put in at about 8 months along. We could have cute little pink bags to disguise the urine so we could still go out in public. Kind of like portable oxygen tanks only cuter!

Before: Eating dinner with my husband was a daily occurance.
Now: Being able to eat together without one of us holding a screaming and hungry baby is a real treat!

Before: Pregnant women were all kind of cute in their one special way!
Now: Pregnant women look terribly uncomfortable and miserable and any woman who is pregnant should get many special privileges!

Before: To rock, sway and bounce my leg required conscious effort!
Now: To NOT rock, say and bounce require conscious effort! I catch myself swaying, swinging, bouncing and doing all kinds of other "baby calming" techniques whether Grant is in my arms or not. In fact yesterday, I was rocking his car seat with my foot and he wasn't even in it!

Before: Mom's who were willing to stay home full time were good women!
Now: Any woman who stays home with her children full time should get special tax breaks from the government because it is more than a full time job! We should have mother's day every day! Bring on the gifts, cards, and special treatment we deserve it!

Before: My arm muscles were rarely used!
Now: I am very grateful for my arm muscles and their ability to lift my 9 pound baby hundreds of times throughout the day!

Before: Motherhood was a chore!
Now: Motherhood is a blessing! I love my baby and I wouldn't trade him for the world (note: it is not 3 AM and he is currently not crying)!!! I am grateful that I can have Grant in my life and I can't imgaine life without him!

3 comments:

The Killer Bunch said...

Isn't being a mom just the best. Having Bennett is one of my most prized accomplishments. He's such a joy to have. Your little one is adorable and will keep getting adorable as time goes on. It was wonderful to hear from you. Christy

Anonymous said...

I love the catheter idea. I swear I had to go to the bathroom every two seconds.

Amber and Zach said...

Hey This post is awesome! You are so smart Kelly... i mean Cebu! How are you guys! Grant is adorable!

Love,
Amber and Zach
http://amizachi.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...