We have now lived in Tremonton for over a year now. It took some adjusting on our part. No one here uses blinkers and everyone drives slow. Besides that we love living out here. It is quiet and peaceful. You can gaze at the stars while the smell of fresh manure drifts threw the air. I don't want to live here for ever but for now it is perfect.
Since both of us grew up in the city there have been some strange things that have happened out here in the country.
The first thing we noticed is the abundance of tractor and trailer centers here. We lost track of how many but I can tell you that we have more tractor stores than grocery stores. I have learned that John Deere is not the only Tractor manufacturer either. Red tractors are usually made by Case, blue tractors are made by New Holland, and any other color we call "generic" tractors!
Luckily we do have some fast food joints so if the grocery stores don't have food we can still eat. One night we went to Artic Circle for shakes. We went to the drive through and for the first time in our lives we couldn't reach the window. Why? Because the window is a good 5 feet from the ground. So, now if we go to Artic Circle we take the truck so we don't have to get out of the car to get our food.
A couple of weeks ago there was a huge fire in the middle of town. The old McKinnley School was up in flames. I thought it was sad because the school was actually kind of cool looking. It kind of looked like Ogden High School only lots smaller. The building was no longer used as a school and I know the senior center used to meet there. Well, a couple of days later I found out it wasn't an accident at all. The building had been condemned and so the city was knocking it down with good old fashion fire and flames. Apparently Tremonton doesn't have a wrecking ball.
Just the other day I was driving down Tremont St. (We joke that Tremonton Street wouldn't fit on a street sign and so they just bagged the last two letters.) There were some construction workers digging a hole for pipe or something. As I drove pass I saw a few orange cones and I guess they ran out of cones because there were a bunch of empty gas cans laying out in the middle of the road to help keep traffic out of the way. I tried to take a picture but I was laughing too hard.
We love this town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hey are you dissing my town?!?! J/K That is good 'ol Tremonton for you. You forgot that we just got 2 new stoplights so we are up to 4 now! :) Congrats on being here for over a year. We hope that you are liking it. My husband is from Southern California and had and has a lot of those same observations. I love small towns (for the most part)!
Those stories are so cute. I totally get what you are saying. I grew up in a tiny town in Wyoming.
Post a Comment