Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Zippy Decade

Who knows what they will call this decade, but I can't believe everything that has happened!  (I will do the last year in another post.)

2000:
I graduated from High School.
I was able to tour Europe with my mom and Grandma.  One of the sweetest vacations of my entire life.
The beginning of a long road of college education as a freshman at USU.  The biggest accomplishment being I survived ComdDe 2500 with Vicki Simonsmeier- the lady from h-e- double hockey stick.

2001
I moved in with 5 girls at the beginning of the school year.  It was a real personal and spiritual challenge living with 3 of them.  I really grew up a lot.
After a few months of looking I couldn't find a job anywhere in Logan and started a 3 year career at Convergys.


2002
I wished my dear sweet boyfriend the best of luck on his mission.
I witnessed the Winter Olympic Games in our own back yard.
I moved in with my dear friends Jill and Leslie

2003
I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Communication Disorders.
I somehow managed to survive and entire summer living in Ogden and driving to Logan for work by 5 AM.  So, yes I left Ogden at about 345 AM.
I decided it wasn't worth driving to Logan every day all summer so I found a summer apartment and had a great time.
Started graduate school.
I welcomed my dear missionary home.

2004
I went through the temple for myself on March 17.  It was one of the most memorable days of my life.
Kyle and I were married on May 20.
I got my first real job at the school district.  I worked at Lomond View Elementary doing speech language therapy.  I loved it there.
I completed my course work for my Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology.

2005
We bought our Chevy Tahoe together.
We got our first cell phones.
Graduated with my Master's Degree with 12 other girls and 1 boy.  The 14 of us were the best of friends.  I still keep in touch with most of them.

2006
We bought our 1998 Toyota Camry after the head gasket blew in our old one.
We went on our first cruise.  It was wonderful.  I can't wait to go again.
We visited Lee, Kyle's brother, on his mission in Puerto Rico.
I got a new job in Logan working for Early Intervention through USU.
Erin, my sister, married Isaac in the Salt Lake Temple.

2007
Vacationed in Las Vegas for a week with Kyle's best friend and his wife.  It was a blast.
Kyle graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Kyle gets his first job with ATK Launch Systems.
We bought our first home together.
Found out we were pregnant with a baby boy.
My brother, Trace, married Sierra in the Salt Lake Temple.

2008
Our baby boy was born on February 24.
I some how managed working full time and having a brand new baby.
Kyle started his Master's Degree program with the University of Utah.
Grant, my father in law, passed away suddenly on December 8.

2009
We went to San Diego as a family.
Chris, Kyle's younger brother, graduated from High School.
Our baby turned 18 months and can go to nursery.

2010
We bought our new Dodge Ram Mega Cab truck.
Kyle graduated from the University of Utah with a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
We went on a weekend get away to Park City for the weekend.

I can't believe everything that has happened in the last 10 years.  I have graduated 3 times, moved 9 times, got married, had a baby, bought one house and 3 cars, laughed so hard I cried, cried so hard I laughed, and most of all loved almost every single minute of it.  I am looking forward to the next 10 years.  Bring it on!

2 comments:

Johnsens said...

Very cute post!

jill said...

glad I could be there for many of these things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...