Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

We had a great day celebrating our country's independence and freedom.  We went swimming in our community pool!  We had so much fun!  I took my camera and got one crappy picture before the battery died.
After we went swimming we had a "traditional" picnic dinner.  After reading a few people's blogs I have found that "traditional" 4th of July meal is different for everyone.  For us it includes America's favorite meat HOT DOGS! We also had potato salad, chips, watermelon, with all the fixin's.  Grant asked if he could say the blessing on the food.  He prayer included, "bless there will only be green fireworks because green is my favorite color."
We didn't buy our own fireworks this year.  I didn't know where to go for city fireworks, but luckily everything is online!  We were able to find some in a park down town.  They were great!


When the show was over Grant said, "those were sure pretty. Can we do it again?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...