Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inside Job

I hadn't heard of the movie Inside Job (IJ)until I had watched part of the Oscar's this year.  I briefly heard about IJ during the Oscar's but later found out what the movie is all about.

I think I can speak for the majority of the American, and even global population how awful the recession has been.  Millions of people lost their homes and millions of people world wide lost their jobs.  Thirteen million people in China alone lost their jobs.  I saw it all happen, but I  didn't understand why or how it happened.  Well, to sum it up in one word: GREED

IJ explains in detail how the recession we are currently in started back in the late 90's in Iceland.  I definitely can't explain it as well as Matt Damon does in IJ, but basically some big banking firms got a little greedy and made themselves a lot of money.

J. P. Morgan and Goldman-Sachs were two of multiple banking companies involved.   The banks borrowed billions of dollars, bet against the money they borrowed and then sold the money they didn't own.  It caused the whole market to crash around the globe.  The men and women involved deny they knew what they were doing.  In fact, some of them served as major financial advisors with President Clinton, President Bush, and President Reagan.  They passed laws to make it easier for these big banks to make more money.

No one has stopped them.  Nations around the globe know what they have done.  These men and women are still employed and earning MILLIONS while many place in the world hover around a 10% unemployment rate.

The major individuals involved with the recession have not lost their jobs.  They haven't lost $1.  They haven't had  to short sale their homes.  The major businesses are even more wealthy and more powerful than before.

IJ will make most middle class citizens mad.  It is irritating and frustrating to know how much we have lost and how much they have gained.

It is my opinion that there will be another recession.  I think the world will recover to some extent from the recession of 2008.  However, because there are still no changes and the same people and companies are still in power I predict this will all happen again.  I don't want it too, but I think it will.

If you read this post I challenge you to watch Inside Job and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...