Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunday Thought On Monday

I have loved our new ward!  I still don't know a lot of members, but it comes with time.  The point of this post is the thoughts I want to share with you from our Relief Society and Priesthood meeting!  AMAZING!

The lesson was on marriage and what we can do to make our marriage better.  The first two quotes were great.  They came from a talk by President Monson.  The line I loved said,

"we should be fiercely loyal"

I love the word fiercely isn't it great?  I think it is so important to be 100% loyal to our spouse.  Then you add the word fierce in there and WOW!  

The second quote I believe President Monson was quoting Elder Talmage, but I could be wrong.  The point is:

Choose your love,
Love your choice.

I love this.  I can't even think of the words to explain how neat this thought is.

I can tell you this.  I thought I was in love with Kyle when we decided to get married.  We have now been married for 7 1/2 years and we now love each even more.  Marriage isn't easy and it takes a lot of work.  The point is that I can focus on the bad things and let the negativity drive our marriage apart.  Instead I try to love Kyle for all the good moments and qualities.  I choose to love the man I chose to marry.  I love Kyle so much. 

I hope if you read this you will be a little inspired to try a little harder to love the choice you made!  

(I know I am.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...