Sunday, August 14, 2011

Albert Edward Maybury

Grandpa Al passed away this morning at about 11:30 AM.  He just turned 94 last week (I think and someone correct me if I am wrong).  He came to America from England when he was young.  Edna, his dear wife passed away about 30 years ago.  He has been lonely and talked so fondly of her.  His only son, Kyle's dad, passed away almost 3 years ago.  I remember at the funeral Al wouldn't stop crying because he was so upset that his son passed away before he did.  It was awful and broke our hearts.
Grandpa Al has had a lot of health problems in the last few years.  He has been in and out of the hospital a number of times.
We knew his time on earth was coming to an end.  It will be weird not having him around.  He came to everything, when he could, and was always up for a good joke.  I loved hearing his darling British accent.  I know he is happy.  I can't imagine how wonderful it was for Al to see his sweet Edna again.  I am also sure Al was pleased to see his son.  I know we will see Al again some day.  I thought I would post some pictures of Al to celebrate the life he lived.


Grant with his Great Grandpa Al on Father's Day June 2010.




Grandpa Al at Dani's wedding May 2011.




Great Grandpa Al Edward, Grandpa Grant Edward, Kyle Edward, and Grant Edward
(4 generations)
This was taken when Grant was about 4 days old.




Grant's baby blessing May 2008. Grandpa Al is in a suit on the front row.


We love you Al!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

So sorry we had to miss this.... death is never easy but sometimes it really is the best thing. Glad it went well :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...