Thursday, July 5, 2012

11.22.63


11.22.6311.22.63 by Stephen King
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a really hard time getting into this book.  I am not sure exactly when, but I was at least a good 200 pages into this book before it started to appeal to me.  Personally, that is too long.  I stopped reading this book for a while, but a friend told me it got better so I picked it up.   In the end I liked it.
I found it very thought provoking.  The whole concept of traveling back into time to save JFK only to find out you change other parts of the past for the worse.
Overall I would recommend this book with one heads up.  There is some sex and violence scenes, but not explicit.  The one four letter word I can't stand is repeated profusely at the beginning and towards the end.  It sort of felt like Stephen King forgot about the explicit word during the meat of the story, but then the story was wrapping up and he thought, "oh yeah I forgot to meet my personal quota of f-words."


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Your comment about "quota of f words" totally cracks me up. I read a book that I really liked (My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult) and I felt the SAME WAY! She had the f word in there so many times it was like her main goal was to make sure that EVERY single person said it (even the 14 year old girl). It was the only thing about the book I didn't like. Why do authors do that?????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...