Sunday I cooked baked potatoes and some meat to get the house warmed up a little bit. I also opened the blinds to try and get some sunshine in the house. The weather on Sunday was fairly nice for the first part of March, but the house still cold Monday morning. I called the gas company from my bed first thing in the morning to get the technician out. The lady told me she couldn't send a technician out until Tuesday. That is when I got upset.
I explained how I called on Saturday and we couldn't get anyone out to hook up the gas until Monday. I told we had no hot water and no heat. She didn't have much sympathy...yet. She told me to heat some water on the stove. I told her my stove was gas and that would be impossible. The only way for me to get hot water would be boiling it in the microwave. I went on to explain my 5 year old son was cold and I was pregnant. That did it! She said she would get a technician out some time during the day.
Kyle still needed to go over to the apartment on Monday. He needed to turn in the keys and finish the last of the cleaning. Kyle knew that if he left the house for even a second Murphy's Law would go into effect. He agreed to stay until the technician came. I had to go to work, but we knew we could get everything taken care of. Luckily, the technician came within an hour and a half of when I got off the phone with the gas company. The technician told Kyle that we should have mentioned we had a 5 year old and I was pregnant on Saturday because it would have constituted an "emergency." Meaning we could have and should have had gas on Saturday! GRRR!
Moral of the story: If you don't have gas tell the company you have kids and are pregnant.
I was grateful to have hot water and heat. I also hope my mistake can be avoided by someone else.




No comments:
Post a Comment