Thursday, March 28, 2013

Feet Update

The move was obviously very stressful!  So many little things went wrong right at the end.  The stress of everything on top of not eating well and working too hard caused my feet to swell up like a Puff tissue box!

My feet and legs were so swollen and puffy.  My socks would leave huge indentations in my ankles.  If you touched my feet or legs it would leave an indentation.  My feet also hurt so bad.

I could only wear one pair of tennis shoes and only if I didn't tie them up.  I just had to loosen the laces and wear them like slip ons.

I had to work on Monday and Tuesday.  I tried to drink more water and eat healthier.  At night I would lay on my back on the floor with my feet on my bed, but it wasn't enough.  I saw some minor improvements, but my legs and feet still hurt.

Wednesday is my day off and I tried to put my feet up a couple times during the day.  My legs were finally not as swollen, but my feet were still awful.

For the next few days I continued to see improvements and I could finally wear different shoes.  I still wasn't able to walk very well because my feet couldn't bend.  After a week I finally broke down and bought some support socks.  It took a lot of work to get them on, but they were so worth it.  The support socks are not my favorite, but they really do work.  I know don't have to wear them every day, but I wear them 5 or 6 days a week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...