Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Black Tower


The Black Tower (Adam Dalgliesh, #5)The Black Tower by P.D. James
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is not my first P.D. James book nor is it my first Adam Dalgliesh book.  I have LOVED them in the past.  I don't know if I was just not in the mood for this type of novel or what, but this book wasn't all that great.  I read the audible format and the narrator wasn't bad.  I just think the story wasn't the best.
It felt like 4/8 hours was a debate about whether or not Adam should get involved with these three somewhat mysterious deaths.  2/8 hours was building up the other characters and plot.  1/8 hours was explaining the mysterious deaths.  1/8 hours was amazing and nail biting mystery.  The sad part was it was the last hour that was the best part.  All the rest I could have lived with out.  The last hour also went to fast.  I felt like the author was getting tired of writing and just hurried through the best part of the novel.  I was really disappointed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...