Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Tale of Despereaux

The Tale of DespereauxThe Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this novel to my 6 year old son.  He really liked it, but was a little confused by the story flow.  He found it confusing.  He kept asking who the main characters were and when we would find out more about them.

I didn't like the ending.  I found it lame.  I don't want to spoil it, but I thought the author did a really job building to the climax of the story.  She did a good job merging all the stories, but a horrible job finishing the story.  I was very disappointed.  My son didn't find it disappointing, but he did ask, "it's over already?"

Fun book.  I enjoyed reading this with my son.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...