Saturday, January 3, 2009

December 8, 2008

The morning of December 8th is a morning I will never forget. We received a phone call at 4 AM that Kyle's father had just passed away. We rushed to the Davis Hospital, which was the longest drive of our lives, in utter shock. Grant was such a good man and he was way too young to pass. He loved his wife and three boys more than anything. He loved me like his own daughter. I always thought of him as a second dad. Baby Grant brought him so much joy! I can't tell you how happy I am that we named our son after such a wonderful man.


Kyle's father was a very talented man. He loved to work with his hands. He made our wedding cake and many other beautiful cakes. One of his favorite things was to carve wood. Grant made many things from wood, but my three favorite are the three carvings he made for his three sons. He insisted that these get done and he finished two of them in time to enter in the Weber Couny Fair. He won first place for both. Kyle's wasn't quite finished in time. I think that all three are very unique and magnificent. All of his three sons are so honored to have such a master piece made by their father.


3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Give Kyle our regards. How sad. Those carvings are amazing - thanks for sharing.

Sierra said...

Those are beautiful... We are so sorry to have missed all this. Grant was an amazing man and we're going to miss him. You guys have been in our prayers... Love you

jill said...

That is sad. I took care of Grant once in the ER...random I know. I couldn't believe it when I got your Christmas letter. We need to play. I'll be up friday the 16th if you are available.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...