This morning was the 11th Annual Wheat and Beet Hit the Street 5K run in Garland, UT! Last year, I was determined to run this race because I wanted to run a 5K by the time Grant was 6 months old.
Now Grant is 17 months old. I had registered for the race BEFORE Kyle told me he was planning to spend the entire weekend at Flaming Gorge. So Grant and I ran the race this morning. To be more precise I ran the race pushing the jogger while Grant drank juice and ate cookies. I have run with the jogger before, but it is a LOT more work so if possible I leave Grant at home with his Daddy.
The course is a down and back course with a nice sized hill in the middle of it. I pushed hard up the hills. I like to sprint at the end, but my legs were dead and I couldn't move them any faster. I have never had to PANT so hard. With all this said I am proud to say I finished the race at 33:06! Not my best time, but considering I was pushing a 25 pound kid in a jogger I am quite pleased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That is awesome! I am not a runner so I am totally impressed especially pushing Grant through it all. Good job Cebu!!!
Post a Comment