Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

I love decorating gingerbread houses at Christmas time.  I think it is so fun.  It is also a great activity for Grant to do, why?  He has some serious issues with things on his hands.  Its not just that he doesn't like his hands dirty.  The sensory issue interferes with his ability to function sometimes, and that is a problem.    We have worked on getting messy and not completely freaking out.  He used to not even be able to touch play-doh.  He now will touch it, but doesn't prefer it.  Hands have to be cleaned as soon as he says he is done.  So, with that being said gingerbread houses are what we call a "high risk" activity.  It doesn't make you touch the gooey frosting, but chances are you will get some on your hands.  This is why I love the picture of him putting his candy on his house.  Look at how careful he is being.  No getting frosting on these little hands!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...