Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed the entire Hunger Games series. I think Catching Fire is my favorite, but I already did my review for that book. So, this one was really different from the first two. Peeta is hardly a part of the story, which is so disappointing because Peeta and Katniss have such an unique relationship in the first two. Katniss spends a lot of time in "rehab" after all the trauma in book 2. I didn't like the first part of the book because it was so slow moving. I felt there was so much time wasted preparing for the attack on the capital. Then by the time we get to the capital it was rushed. I think there could've been more time spent on running through the city and killing Snow. Its the race through the capital that Peeta is finally more like himself. I think Snow died in about one sentence. I would have liked it to be a little more eventfully after how much Katniss thought about it.
I still liked the book and it was worth the read. I just thought the story had so much more potential.
View all my reviews




No comments:
Post a Comment