Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Busy Summer

I apologize for falling off the face of the blogger planet.  It has been a busy summer.  We have been enjoying our "free" swimming pool at our apartment complex.  We go swimming at least once a week. In June I started a new job and I am working 4 days a week.  I was previously doing PRN work, which was nice but not at all consistent.  I have Wednesday's off and that has turned into a Mom and Son Day.  We go to the library, we go for walks, we go swimming, we went to the movies, we have stayed home and played non stop!  We also usually end up doing laundry or house work too.  It has been so much fun to play!

In July, we finally sold Kyle's big Dodge truck.  I say finally because we needed to sell it back in May when we sold our house.  The money we made off the truck we used to break even on the house.    We miss the truck, but on the way to Utah to sell it the thing over heated and one of the filter clogged.  We almost didn't make it! It all worked out in the end!  We are so grateful!

In August, my mom came up to visit and we played non stop for 5 days!  It was so nice to have her out of school to play.  I am sad she had to go back. I think Grandma's should never have to work. It is not fair!

My normal blogging day is Sunday.  I usually would always get up at least one post on Sunday.  Our stake has recently issued a challenge to index 1.2 million names before the end of the year.  As of August 1st our ward alone indexed more the 140,000.  Our stake has indexed about 775,000 names as of August 1st.  It has been fun to be a part of such a huge project.  I have not indexed thousands of names, but I am trying to do my part.  Unfortunately, I usually index on Sunday's.  It has taken away from the blogging.

I hope to be back for a while.  I have been going through my pictures and I have lots of fun pictures to post.  Keep checking back!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

No worries - I didn't post for a month until today. :-) Life gets busy, and you do what you can.

It sounds like you've had a great time with your family this summer, and that's the most important part of life.

Good luck with indexing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...