Sunday, October 7, 2012

Elizabeth Street


Elizabeth Street: A Novel Based On True EventsElizabeth Street: A Novel Based On True Events by Laurie Fabiano
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book because it was so different from the other books I have read lately.  It was a breath of fresh air.
The story moves a little slow in the middle and it took me a while to get enough motivation to finish the book.  The end of the story moved quickly and I was able to finish the book quickly.   I got a little lost in all the Italian gang stuff.  I thought it was a little bit of a drag.
I loved Giovanna! The heart ache she suffered throughout her life brought tears to my eyes more than once.  I can see how the author wanted to document her great grandmother's and grandmother's story! It is truly inspiring!
I would recommend this book.  No explicit sex scenes and little to no swearing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...