Monday, October 1, 2012

My Birthday!


Every so often my birthday falls on Labor Day!  I have always loved my birthday falling on first weekend in September.  It is so much fun.  This year since we were in Utah we went on a hike in the morning.  
My in-laws took me out to lunch.  I love my in-laws.  I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't get any pictures.
Later during the day we had a picnic in my parents' back yard.  My parents' have the coolest back yard.  Years ago their raunchy neighbors thought my parents' yard was cutting into their property.  The neighbors paid for a surveyor to come and check the property lines.  Turns out my parents actually owned about 35 more feet at the end of their lot.  My parents decided to make their own little woods and picnic area.  Grant and Kyle were actually planning to camp in my parents' backyard, but the weather didn't cooperate.



Grant thought it was so fun to cook a hot dog in fire!  Oh!  I am in for it!  This was his first real experience with open flames and Grant was in heaven.  After everyone was done cooking hot dogs and marshmallows Grant threw some sticks and paper into the fire.  Grant was so amazed that a napkin turned all black!


The kids sat at the little picnic table!  Preston had to sit on the table because his little booster seat would stay on the bench.  Grant and Evelyn didn't mind.


Look at this cute boy! He loves his Auntie!


Here is Grant swinging on the swing set.  He was so proud because he could hang on with his big muscles and swing from his arms.





I love Preston's face in this picture!



Evelyn got this crazy idea to try and pick the leaves off of Granny's tree with her mouth.  We were all laughing because she could actually get the leaves with her teeth!





We had cake and ice cream for dessert!  It was so much fun celebrating with our family!  I had a fantastic birthday!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...