My rating: <a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/922495126">3 of 5 stars</a><br /><br />
This story was a little odd, for lack of a better word. The story had an interesting flow and I felt the author got a little side tracked sometimes. I loved the character of Mary Mallon. She was a strong woman who had courage coursing through her blood. <br>Here is a spoiler: I was so bummed she fell in love with a dork like Alfred. I was so glad she dumped him after 20 years of being a lazy bum, and then she goes and gets back together. Lame! It was so disappointing to me. I am probably a horrible person, but I was glad Alfred went through all the miserable stuff he did. He was a scum bag.She had such courage to fight off all the doctors and fight against her order to never cook again. I was so proud of her. Cheering the whole way! <br>The story got a little slow in the middle. I remember looking at my reader seeing 60% or so and thinking the book is about to wrap up. I almost felt like it was two stories. The story before the Island and the story after the island. I liked the story after the island better. <br>I enjoyed the book overall. Clean language and only small sexual references.
<br/><br/>
<a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2251204-kelly">View all my reviews</a>




No comments:
Post a Comment