Thursday, May 8, 2014

General Conference

I am always about a month behind...GRRR!  I can't stay caught up on this blog, but hey at least I try right?

So...General Conference.  AMAZING!  I always try to find a general theme throughout the talks.  The theme this session seemed to be standing firm in the Gospel.  I could break it down into a few main points.  First, don't succumb to Satan.  Stay strong and firm in the Gospel.  Second, every member is a missionary and we all need to do our part to share the Gospel with everyone we know.  Third, teach the Gospel to your children.   We have strived to put these principles into our daily lives. We have taking on an extra effort to have FHE and to have daily scripture study.  It isn't easy, but it is worth it!

So Grant would stay focused on Conference I did a little activity.  I got the idea from Auna and she got the idea from someone else.  I cut out pictures of the first presidency and the twelve.  I bought some treats and little goodies.  I taped a picture of an apostle to each treat.  The rule was when the apostle spoke we could eat that treat.  It worked great!  When Grant would see a new speaker come on the screen he would go to the pictures to see if they matched.  He figured out they all kind of look the same and so he started looking at the names.  It was fun!  We didn't make him listen to every talk only if it was one of the first presidency.  Some times he would stay and listen sometimes he would play with Celeste in the toy room.

I made our traditional Conference sugar cookies and so during one session we frosted cookies.  Another session I let Grant color Easter eggs.  We had a great time!   I felt like a spent the whole weekend in the kitchen, but at least I could listen to Conference.  I think it was one of the better Conferences we have had.  No fighting Grant to listen and we were able to listen. Yeah!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...