Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20, 2004

Today is our 10 year anniversary.  Our wedding day was so lovely.  It had rained the entire week before our wedding and I was so afraid our wedding day would be rainy.  It was a little overcast, but perfect otherwise.  

All of our family and friends made it to our wedding.  It was so nice to share our day with so many wonderful people.  I love to look back at our wedding pictures and look at how much things have changed.  

Kyle and I love each other more today than we did 10 years ago.  We have been through so much together.  I look back at our pictures and think, "we didn't know or understand anything."  We were so young and in love.  
I still think we are young and in love, but much wiser now.  I can't even begin to fathom what the next 10 years have in store for us.
The new Mr. and Mrs. Maybury



Lee, Kyle and Chris
(they look so young!)




Me and Blair




I was looking at this group picture and realized how much our family has changed.  Yes, some people have passed away, but our family has really grown in the last 10 years.  
We are missing six spouses.  Six of our cousins/friends have gotten married.  Two share our anniversary of May 20th.  Allen and Gretchen were married in 2005 and Derek and Cyndi 2011. 
We have added 24 children plus Grant and Celeste so a total of 26!
Six people have passed away Bernell, Grandma Toombs, Grant Maybury, Grandpa Art, Albert Maybury, and Uncle Jim.  




We are celebrating our anniversary by going on a week cruise to Eastern Mexico. We leave in 10 days! I am so excited to spend some quality time with Kyle.  I am a little nervous to be gone from my kids for more than a week.  I am sure we will have a great time though!

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

You both look so beautiful and happy! Love the pictures. :) 10 years is a bit of a landmark, right? That's how I felt last year. Congratulations!!

p.s. I loved your comment on my blog. It totally made me laugh out loud. I would never think you were trying to say something rude. :) Thank you for commenting on how happy we looked. It was such a hard time, but I tried really hard to be happy and get through it. And we did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...