Monday, October 27, 2014

The Twelve Tribes of Hattie

By: Ayana Mathis
This book was on display at the library and I decided to pick it up.  This is a very rare occurrence so I must have been really intrigued by the book summary.  I usually only pick up books by recommendations.

I am glad I did. This is a very interesting story told from a different point of view. I like it when authors do a little something different. This was one of those cases. 

The story of Hattie is told from each of her children's points of view. It was a little hard to keep track of how much time was passing between the stories of each child, but otherwise a very different way of telling the story of a mother.

This book will make you laugh and cry. You will hold on the the edge of the book waiting for more.

There are some sexual references. A little swearing particularly from one son's part of the story. Otherwise clean. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...