In the last few days I have learned many valuable lessons. I would like to share them with you to help me laugh at my mistakes and to learn from my mistakes so you don't do them too.
First lesson: Always cinch strap to wrist when playing the wii.
On Thursday night Kyle, Chris and I were playing wii. We were bowling and having a great time. On one of my turns I went to bowl and the wii remote went straight off my wrist and hit the t.v. in two different places. I had the wrist strap on my arm, but it wasn't cinched. Our brand new 46" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p t.v. is broken.
Second lesson: Measure the bed yourself.
Two weeks ago I went to some yard sales with my friend Andrea. I found this awesome bed set at a yard sale. I had never been to a yard sale and I had a blast. I found this bed set for pretty cheap and bought it. It wasn't the exact color I wanted but I enjoy painting so I still found it a great deal. Saturday morning Kyle and Chris decided to try and put the bed together. When you buy a bed set or any other large item at a yard sale it doesn't come with assembly instructions. Kyle and Chris wanted to see how it all fit together and in the process found out the bed was a queen not a king. We now have saw dust all over the garage and still now functional bed frame. I keep telling Kyle that if I had known it was a queen I wouldn't have bought it. I can't help it I was lied to.
Third lesson: Find out for sure if you have secondary water before you get sprinkler bids.
This spring we decided we wanted to put a sprinkler system in our yard. Our neighbors put their own in earlier this spring and thought we had secondary water. So when I got our bid I told the company we had a secondary water, well we don't. Our system is getting put in next Monday and the guy came out to double check everything and get a down payment. Well, we now know we don't have secondary water and so our system is doing to cost us an extra $400! We have to put in a back flow preventer, dig a six foot hole and run extra pipe. It isn't lots more, but it is still more.
Now these lessons are all things I learned, but I didn't make any of the mistakes on purpose. Kyle likes to tease me that I have made more than $5,000 in mistakes in the last week. It isn't really all that funny now, but we will laugh about at some point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow! I am pretty impressed that you are laughing and not crying! I would be a frustrated crying mess! :) That is a pretty impressive week!
I still feel bad about your TV, but it's a little funny (don't tell Kyle I said that). I'm a yard sale shopper too... I hate when you get screwed like that :-( Can't win them all
oh my goodness!! That is a lot of lessons thrown at you in a short amount of time! I miss you guys and seriously need to make it up there!!
Post a Comment