Wednesday, July 29, 2009

To My Roomies

Over the last two weeks I have pondered many things. As of late I have been thinking back to my roommate days. I have recently shared a couple of college day experiences with friends. I have also had a chance to spend some time with a couple of roomies I haven't talked to in a while.
I have the tendencies to look back on life and see things in a totally different perspective. I think I have struggled with this my whole life, which is why I am trying to learn to enjoy the moment and not worry about the future and stress about the past. With that being said I would like to share my thoughts and insights to you my dear roomies.
I first want to tell you each how much I love you girls. I think about at least one of you almost every single day. You were all so much fun to live with. I miss dancing and singing with Laura and Katrina. I still love the song "Walking on Sunshine" because of you. I miss my little chats with Julie. If I ever put socks on before I go to bed I think of you. Bekah I can't hear a Ucayali without thinking about you. Crystal I wish we could've had more time to get to know each other better.
I miss eating Scotch-a-roos with Kayla and Natalie. Remember when we ate the whole pan of those things. I wish I would have taken the time to go country dancing with you. You were so nice to ask every Thursday if I would like to go and I should have just gone. Ashley, Lisa, and Jess I apologize we didn't get along very well. I want you to know that because of you I really did some soul searching. I found out who I am and what I truly believe. I thank you for that.
Jilly Bean, I miss cooking together. Everytime I make scrambled eggs I think of you. If you ever want some just swing by. I loved scrapbooking during General Conference and movies. I can't sit and watch t.v. any more without having something to fiddle with. I am so proud of you for achieving the dream of being a nurse. You never gave up! You could be my nurse any time. I have learned to 'fly by the seat of my pants' because of you. What is the point of planning, when it is so much more fun to just go where the wind takes us. Random, I know! I appreciate Leslie teaching me how to do little "stichy" projects. I am so lucky to have you so close by. You are one of the most positive and patient people I know. I want to be a better person because of you.
My party roomies, Becca and Evelyn, we always had some one at our house. I miss having people fly in and out of our house. It is kind of boring these days. Kisty, you are a wonderful cook. Thank you for making all kinds of yummy treats. I still crave your peanut butter cookies. Stephanie, I appreciate you letting my come shopping with you. It was a blast. Do you remember that strange lady that wanted to be in the dressing room with you?
Cherie, you are one of the most caring people I know. I still admire you for taking care of your Grandma when no one else would. Rebecca, I wish we had watched more old movies together. It was so fun to bust out the old VHS. Oh, the olden days! I am sorry you were tortured living with two girls who were engaged. We were annoying!
I love my husband and my son more than anything else in the world. I wouldn't trade the life I have now for anything. Sometimes I just itch to sing "You Don't Own Me" at the top of my lungs. I crave Jill's scones and Navajo tacos. I miss staying up until 2 AM talking about...well...nothing. Now real life has hit I miss the good old roomie days! It is because of each of you I have learned what is important in life. When I look back I don't remember the papers I wrote, the projects I did, or the tests I took. Rather I remember laughing at our crazy neighbors, pulling pranks on the boys next door, exploding Pyrex dishes all over our kitchen, laughing until our sides hurt, writing love notes on the fridge, pulling Q-tips out of a clogged toilet, dancing in the rain, jumping on the couch just to bug the girls below us, coming home to a flashing heart, making each other laugh until we blew tooth paste out our nose, coloring each others hair to every shade not on the box, and being girls!
I love you!
Thank you Laura, Katrina, Crystal, Julie, Bekah, Jessica, Lisa, Ashley, Natalie, Kayla, Leslie, Jill, Evelyn, Becca, Stephanie, Kisty, Cherie, and Rebecca! Thank you for being a part of my life.

1 comment:

jill said...

thanks girl! I miss living with you and wish we were closer together. I promise to make time to come up and maybe we can cook something and stitch :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...