I have always loved my birthday being at the beginning of September. It always falls close to Labor Day, which means I usually get a long weekend away from work. This year my birthday was different then previous years. I think the older I get the more my perspective on life changes.
In stead of material things I would rather have...
1. the whole day to spend out in my garden. I love to dig in dirt (I don't like to be dirty so I wear gloves) but I love making beautiful things grow.
2. endless hours with Grant. I can play with Grant all day long. He is my love and joy.
3. time to read. I love to read. I really love to read mysteries.
4. bottomless chips and salsa. So this is a material item, but I love to eat salsa and chips. I eat it every day!
5. more energy to run. I learned to love running in the last year. It is a great chance to clear my mind.
6. the motivation to get out of bed. I hate getting up early in the morning, but I know I get so much done when I do.
Just a few simple things I think.
I am really serious about being able to get out of bed on time. I used to bribe myself with The Office. If I got up on time I could watch an episode of The Office. The problem is it just isn't rewarding enough any more. Three or four views of each episode made them lose a little umph! I have tried to reward my waking up on time with facebook and blogger. The problem there is I get on to do other things and my little fingers will just end up clicking the 'facebook' icon. I have a serious issue. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I also struggle every morning getting out of bed! It's so hard some days. I wish I could get up earlier because I'd be able to get so much more done in a day. I wish I had some suggestions for you... let me know if you ever find something that really works!
Post a Comment