For the first time in my life the planets aligned and everything has fallen into place. OK, so it probably isn't the first time, but it has been a really long while.
A few weeks ago I was really down in the dumps. I am a SLP and in order to keep my "certificate" to continue being a SLP I have to earn 30 ceu's (continuing education units) every 3 years. My credits are due at the end of this year. I called ASHA (the SLP organization I hate) to see how many credits they have for me. The man said, "you have 9 credits." I said, "9 credits for the year or 9 credits total?" He said, " well, 4 credits from 2007 and 5 credits from 2008."
This is when my jaw fell to the floor and I couldn't speak. This means that I have to earn 21 credits by December 31! Holy Cow! I had no idea how I was going to do this. It seemed impossible.
When I got home I got online and started looking for classes to take to earn some credits. This is when I found this awesome website to earn the credits I needed.
A few days later we were sitting in staff meeting (my least favorite thing in the world) and my boss tells us about this grant we received. If we complete some training and do a few other things we can earn up to $1500!
Yesterday, I got my ducks in a row and this is the plan. I am going to complete the 21 credits I need for this year. Then I am going to complete the 30 credits I need for the next 3 years. Make a few handouts and do a presentation. I have until June 30, 2010. Then I get $1500!
It pays to procrastinate! I am the luckiest person in the world!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Congratulations! That sure is awesome when things work out like that--good for you!! By the way, I MISS YOU! I hope you guys are doing well!
How nice... I need to look into something like that :-) ha ha
I guess I better see how many I have...yikes, I'm sure I'm in trouble
Wow! That's a great incentive, I wouldn't mind $1500. Sounds like your going to be a little busy! Good luck!
Post a Comment