Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Whooby Syndrome

Kyle has had a special blanket his entire life. Actually he has burned threw quite a few blankets, but he can't sleep with out a "cold blanket" on his ear. The thought of having a COLD blanket was always backwards to me, but that is how he likes his blanket. When Kyle was younger his father would get upset if he went to the freezer to get ice cream and found a smelly old blanket instead.
When we were dating the blanket always took the "third wheel" in our relationship. In the winter Kyle's blanket would get warm from the heater and sitting on my lap. (I try to stay warm in the winter.) Kyle on the other hand liked the feel of a cold blanket on his ear. So I would I would sit in the truck with my teeth chattering while Kyle held his blanket out the window.
In the summer the blanket would get warm from sitting in the car. We would be sweating from the hot summer heat, but we couldn't enjoy the cold air from the air conditioner until the blanket was cold. I always thought it was funny. I think it was one reason I fell in love with him. Kyle wasn't ever ashamed of having a blanket. I stole it once as a joke and to this day NO ONE has ever seen him so mad. (We don't mess with the blanket.)
I am afraid to admit that this blanket syndrome is genetic. Don't believe me well look!

The blanket sits with Grant in the high chair.



The blanket goes to bed with Grant.



The blanket takes naps with Grant.



The blanket goes with Grant in the car.



Two blankets makes Grant happy.


The blanket eats with Grant.

I think we could say, "like father like son!"

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

This is so cute! I love this post. :) My son is named after a blanket carrying cartoon after all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...