Saturday, May 25, 2013

Baby Blankets

As we anticipated having Celeste we were flooded by generosity.  I couldn't believe how generous our friends and family were.  I feel so blessed! We have received countless outfits and gifts.  I have loved all the cute little girl clothes, bows, and socks!  I am especially grateful for outfits that are a little bigger. We have some darling dresses and outfits for the winter and next summer.  Celeste's closet is bursting at the seams with clothes!  
In addition to countless outfits we have also received a handful of adorable blankets.  I know how much work quilts and blankets are to make.  I want to say a big THANK YOU to a number of family and friends!  I have posted pictures so I can show off how cute all the blankets are!



This beautiful Afghan was crocheted by my sister.  She even put darling little crocheted flowers on the corner with little beads in the center.  I think I will use this Afghan for Celeste's baby blessing.  It is so elegant!


My friend Noel from work made this darling princess rag quilt.  I love the blue and pink together.  So sweet!  



My cousin Amy made this darling blanket! I love the bright colors!  I couldn't get a good picture of the edge, but Amy crocheted the edges in brown eyelash yarn.  It is adorable!




Aunt Lorna made this cute dragonfly blanket.  She also made matching burp clothes!  I love it!




My mom made this pink and green turtle blanket shortly after I had Grant.  I have loved turtles for a long time and pink and green are my two favorite colors.  I was afraid if she made it for me I would be jinxed and never have a girl.  Luckily, I was wrong!  

The next three blankets Granny also made.  I love flowers, birds, and bright colors!  Having a girl is so much fun!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...