On May 1, 2013 we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our family.
Here I am just an hour or so before I deliver. Yes, my hair is beautiful, toes are manicured, and make up is perfect. No, I am not sweaty, I am not in pain, and I have no drugs. ...yet... I had been a little nervous about a having a scheduled c-section. I knew in my mind that it couldn't be any worse than the emergency c-section I had with Grant. However, I really wanted it to be a positive experience. I wanted to be able to have wonderful memories of the birth of our daughter. I had a Priesthood blessing a few days before the surgery. I also had said many prayers to calm my nerves and to bless the doctors so everything would run smoothly.
At 9:30 AM I received a spinal and went numb from the chest down. I laid down on the operating table and tried to just relax. I was a little nervous at this point, but I had a peaceful feeling knowing things would work out. I had faith in my doctor and knew I was in good hands. Cheryl, the anesthesiologist nurse, who was sitting by my head also brought many words of comfort to me. When the spinal took full affect my blood pressure dropped and I was instantly nauseated. I tried not to throw up, but couldn't help it. Cheryl was so sweet and took care of me. She talked me threw the whole procedure and let me know what was going on. At 9:53 AM Celeste Lucille Maybury entered the world!
I was able to see Celeste just moments after she was born. The nurses checked her over and made sure she was healthy.
She weighed 7 pounds and 13 ounces. She was 21 inches long at birth, but 5 days later had "shrunk" to 19.5" at her doctor appointment. I am pretty sure the first one was less accurate although her birth certificate will say 21 inches.
I was holding my sweet little girl just a few minutes after birth. As I held her on my chest her little hand reached out and touched my neck. The sense of joy washed over me and I could hardly hold back the tears. I felt my Heavenly Father's love for me as I held Celeste in my arms. She was so perfect and the whole birth experience was so perfect. I couldn't help but feel God's love for me and my family.
We actually didn't know her name until almost noon. Kyle and I had a number of different names we liked, but no single name that stood out. After the delivery, we went back to recovery and were able to toss names around.
I am so happy with how smoothly everything went. I am truly blessed!





1 comment:
Thank you for sharing! What a sweet memory. And what a beautiful baby!!
Post a Comment