Sunday, July 14, 2013

Breastfeeding Battle: The Last Straw

I was hoping to keep breastfeeding for a while, but it is just not working out.

For the past 6 weeks I have been pumping at every single feeding.  It has been exhausting!  All I do is nurse and pump.  At first Celeste didn't want the milk I pumped, but she is finally growing and now I can't keep up.  She drinks everything I pump and usually wants a bottle after wards too.  

I hate to admit it, but I am resenting her.  I don't enjoy nursing any more because it is just so much work.  I hate that I don't get to spend any time with her unless I am feeding her.   I don't want to quit after we have worked so hard to make this work, but it can't go on like this.  I can't think of anything we haven't tried.  I have talked about breastfeeding to everyone I can think of and no one has any more suggestions.  We are out of ideas.  

I have tried and I would say fail, but we are done.  Done fighting a losing battle.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh Cebu!! I'm sorry this has been such a rough journey for you. But like I said, you should be proud of yourself for sticking it out so long. So many people would just have given up! But, now that you know it isn't worth it, and it's becoming unpleasant, then YES, it's time to be done. Your baby will be healthy and happy no matter what. And, whatever makes YOU happy is going to be good for the whole family!! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...