My rating: <a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/863447484">5 of 5 stars</a><br /><br />
This book was one o f the best books I have read in a while! It gets the "I stayed up until 2 AM reading this book" award. I couldn't put it down! A great book WWII story written from a German child's perspective. Not many WWII books are written from this perspective and it was refreshing.<br><br>I know some readers didn't like the book written from the perspective of the Grim Reaper, but I thought it was very creative of the author. I thought it was very cleaver. <br><br>I absolutely loved Lissel. She was such a strong character. I loved the stories of her stealing books. It was so much fun to read. I couldn't wait for her to steal another one.<br><br>The Grim Reaper was a little bit of a "spoiler" in telling what happens before it happens. I would be annoyed to know the "so and so" would die, but then by the time the story got to where "named character" died it was ok. <br><br>There was no sex. Some swearing. The swearing was all in German so you know they are swearing, but not sure what the exact word they were saying was. <br><br>LOVED it! Highly recommend this book.
<br/><br/>
<a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2251204-kelly">View all my reviews</a>




No comments:
Post a Comment