By: Spencer W. Kimball
4 out of 5 stars
I wanted to read this book for a long time. I finally read it. It took me almost six months to read because I really wanted to study it and learn more about the Miracle of Forgiveness.
The book gets a lot of rap for being a harsh call to repentance, but I didn't find it harsh. I can see how if you are guilty of sin and need to repent you may find President Kimball's words harsh. However, I don't think he means to offend anyone. He repeatedly reminds people anyone can repent and come back to Christ. There is no need to ever feel completely lost or abandon.
I really liked the part when he explains that if we are truly repentant of our sins we will want to devout our lives to Christ. We will not be burdened by callings or requirements that at times may seem mundane. I have found a new found desire to prioritize the Gospel and to stay focussed on the important things in this life.
Great read. Highly recommended!
Monday, September 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment