By: Francine Rivers
4 out of 5 stars
Oh how I loved this book! It was such a well written book. I read some reviews that complained about the authors inability to expand on major events in history and instead goes into details about the characters lives. I have to say I like the approach. I can read millions of books written on WWI or WWII. I can read all about the hardships the Japanese Americans experienced in other books. I liked how the author didn't get distracted and stayed focus on the main characters' lives and hardships.
I am in love with Hildie, Marta, Bernie, Trip and all the other characters! They feel like real people with real lives. I have to keep reminding myself they aren't real.
I love the Christian references throughout the book. I don't think the author goes overboard, but makes it very clear how much religion is a part of this family's life.
I could relate to so many parts of the story. Marta in particular reminds me of my own mother.
I am only giving this four stars because I didn't like how it left me hanging. I know there is a sequel, but I don't like it when there is so much left unsaid at the end of a book.
Clean read! Highly recommended!
Monday, December 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment