Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In the Backyard

Our yard is a new yard and doesn't  have anything as exciting as Granny's yard.  So when ever we go to my mom's we try and play outside.  Grant has a great time playing outside, I think every kid enjoys the fresh air.  It is fall and fall brings lots of apples.

Grant walks around hunting for apples.  He likes to eat a bite and then pack the apple around for safe keeping.  We have to watch him because sometimes the rotten ones are more appealing.  I think it is because they are such a different color.



The ladder has to be ranked at the top.  I don't know of a little boy who doesn't like to climb on ladders.  I love this picture because he looks so small compared to the ladder.  The look on his face is priceless.  He was singing to the apples.

To swing at Granny's is the favorite thing to do.  At the first of the summer Grant was a little scared of the swing and we couldn't push him very hard or else he wouldn't want to swing any more.  I love these pictures of him flying into the sky.  When I was a child I always thought that if I pumped my legs hard enough that one day I might fly all the way around the top bar.  I thought it would be so cool.



This wasn't my favorite picture of Grant in the swing until I saw his hands.  The little dimples in his knuckles are so darling.

Grant is famous for "marching and singing" when he is happy.  This is exactly what he is doing.  Having a great time walking around the yard singing his song of glee.



The slide is now a favorite but Grant is still a little hesitant when he goes down the slide.  He really likes to hold on to someone's hand.  Sometimes just standing at the bottom telling him "I will catch you" isn't enough.  The best thing about a metal slide is it provides great accompaniment  to Grant's singing.

3 comments:

Sierra said...

Oh my little Grant! He is so cute.... I love playing with him in the yard! He is such a boy...

Norgerocks said...

He is such a cute baby cebu. I love his smile!

Karissa Berndt said...

What a cutie! So sad that winter is almost upon us--I will miss chasing Mya around in the grass on the warm summer days : )! Grant is adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...