The last 24 hours has brought nothing but joy and pleasure into my soul. Grant has been the very best little boy in the whole wide world. I am so proud to be his mother. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.
Last night we asked him what he would like for dinner. He kept chanting, "hot dog, hot dog." From the time we asked until the time we ate we would randomly hear the word 'hot dog' echoing in our ears. Sadly, he didn't get a hot dog. Darn it! He did get a lemonade. It is cute how he tries to say, "lemonade." I can't believe how quick he is on picking up words. (I might have something to do with his mom being a SLP. Who knows?)
This morning I went to get him from his bed. When I opened the door Grant had all of his animals laying down and their faces covered with blankets. I asked, "are your animals sleeping?" He just told me to "shh." I took that as a yes! I couldn't help but laugh.
Then tonight we were reading a story. I realized that his diaper was wet. I like to let him go to sleep with a dry diaper. (When he drinks a lot before bed then we have to do extra laundry.) I got him off my lap and told him to go get a diaper. (He is usually good at fetching diapers, but doesn't do well if there is something exciting going on.) He wanted to take his blanket, but I told him I would hold it and when he came back he could have it. Well, he gave me this look that said, "mom honestly is it all that hard to let me have my blanket. I am going to go get a diaper because you are so lazy. The least you could do was let me have a blanket." He then reached threw the crib and grabbed blanket. Gosh! Mom's are just so clueless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How sweet! I just love those days/moments with my little one that are so overwhelmingly full of love and happiness--it's the best!
great story! miss you!
ha ha is is cute cebu. putting his animals to bed is adorable.
Post a Comment