This is a really hard question for me to answer. I have been through some tough times. In fact I am struggling with a hard thing right now. I will have to go into the details on a different post because it is just going to take too long.
I have to say one of the hardest things I ever went through was after the birth of Grant. I am not saying the labor and pushing for more than 2 hours was hard because it was awful! Grant started going into distress and so her was delivered via c-section at 1:40 AM. When Grant was born he wasn't breathing. He had to be rushed to the NICU and the doctors had to make sure he was going to make it.
I was forced to lay in my hospital bed for nearly 7 hours before I was allowed to go see my baby. I was told shortly into the wait that Grant was doing ok. So luckily I wasn't stressing out about whether the first time I saw Grant he would be dead.
At about 9:15 AM a nurse finally came in to tell me I could get ready to go see my baby. I remember being so excited. I never thought I would get to see my sweet baby boy. I know it was only a few hours of heart ache and turmoil, but it was so hard. I have never seen a clock move so slow in my entire life.
I shed a lot of tears when I got to hold my baby for the first time. I hate this picture of me because I look like I just got hit by a bus. However, considering that I had endured 21 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing, and more than 7 hours of waiting to see my baby I think anyone would look like they had been hit by a bus!




1 comment:
Only the rare few women look like they haven't been hit by a bus after giving birth - and you went through so much!
That's so hard - I can't imagine. I remember when they took Linus to the NICU I was so scared. I got to hold him for just a moment before they took him away. It was hours before I saw him again. I knew he was breathing though, so I didn't have your fear.
How rough! It's amazing all these years to remember that though, right? He's so big and strong now.
Post a Comment