Friday, April 13, 2012

This Burns My Heart


This Burns My HeartThis Burns My Heart by Samuel Park
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book!  I got a little tired of it towards the end, which is why I could only give it 4 stars.  I felt like the last part could have moved a little faster.
I love Soo-Ja's character! She reminded me a lot of myself when I was a teenager.  I had wild dreams and was a little selfish.  I am grateful my life didn't turn out as awful as hers.  Whoo!
I loved how the author made me absolutely hate the in-laws! I couldn't stand them at all.  Especially when little Hana gets lost.  It as absolutely tragic and no one would help poor Soo-Ja.
This was a very interesting book to read because of the different culture represented here.  The whole concept of marriage and respect for elders, it blew me away.
I loved how clean it was.  No swearing and no explicit sex scenes.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...