Sunday, September 16, 2012

Eat to Live: Part 2

If you read this book you really need to read the whole thing before you start the diet.

Dr. Fuhrman describes most American's as overfed and malnourished. We are fed lots of false information about nutrition and to follow this diet is like changing your religion.  (The book can explain all these points much better than I can.)

We have been taught we need lots of dairy and meat.  You really don't!  One of the major things I learned was what I would typically describe as hunger: growling tummy, headache, tingly fingers, etc. Is not hunger, but similar symptoms as an addiction withdrawal!  True hunger is actually not as uncomfortable or painful and is felt in the back of your tongue.

This book describes the countless ailments American's suffer from because of our terrible diets.  The first on the list is diabetes.  Dr. Fuhrman says the major cause of Type II diabetes is obesity.  High blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypoglycemia, ALL cancers, heart attacks, strokes, depression, thyroid issues, anxiety, fertility issues, and a whole lot more!  I was floored!  I guessed the obvious ones, but really depression and fertility issues!?!  I was sold and willing to give it a try.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...