Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Newest Member of the Family

For about a week or so Grant kept talking about Kuku.  Kyle and I would ask probing questions about Kuku but would usually get vague answers.  For a week we kept hearing about this Kuku character, but didn't know who he was or what it was.  At first I thought it was a toy or animal friend at Grant's daycare.  I wasn't sure and couldn't figure Kuku out.  Finally, I got Grant to tell me about Kuku.  Kuku is a boy and he is 2 and a half.  He loves the color green, basketball, monster trucks, and other boy things.  We would hear Grant talking to someone and we would ask who he was talking to and he would always say Kuku.  I started to think that Kuku was an imaginary friend.  I thought it was kind of cute.  I encouraged it a little bit and after a few days I found out who Kuku really is.  He is Grant's little brother!  He is smaller than Grant and can't do all the things big boys can do and so Grant helps him.  Grant now tells people there are four members in his family.  The adults then look at me expectantly think I will make an announcement that we are expecting a baby.  It has made for some very interesting conversations over the last few days.  I also have had the experience of brushing Kuku's teeth, setting his place at the dinner table, washing him in the tub, and lots of other things little brother's need.  If you ask Grant to spell Kuku's name he will tell you "q-r-s-t-u-v."  It has been quite entertaining to say the least!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!!! Wow, I can't imagine how funny those conversations he started were. What a funny little boy! I love it!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay, that is TOOOOOO funny. He's got quite the imagination. That is very fun.

jessica said...

So cute! What a good mom to play along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...