As I was reading this book I honestly felt like I was reading an in depth guide on the Word of Wisdom. The Word of Wisdom tells us to eat meat in moderation. I don't know about you, but I could dare say our family eats meat at 2 out of 3 meals a day. 66% is not moderation! Moderation is once every few days!
The Lord has told us to take care of our bodies. I am going out on a limb here, but I think everyone would agree smoking is bad for our health. However, I person who smokes casually (no more than a pack a day) and who eats very healthy has a longer life expectancy than someone who is obese and doesn't smoke! The smoker lives longer! Now don't go out and start smoking, but consider cleaning out the freezer and cupboards of junk food!
I realize I sound a little preachy, but mostly I couldn't believe how bad some food is for us!
I am not perfect! I still crave and eat food that is not healthy and has little to no nutritional value. However, I have really made some major changes in my diet. I have also tried to encourage my close family and friends to consider eating more healthy. I have lots of family and friends who are struggle with a variety of diseases including, diabetes, high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, and so on. I want these people to be around for a long time! I don't want to see them sick. It breaks my heart to know that so much of these diseases are 100% preventable and even curable. If you are reading this and have any of these health issues please know I love you and I want you to be healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment