In November a few ladies in the ward got together for dinner. The night started out by almost literally getting hit by a car. We were driving down the state highway when a deer ran out in front of us. Jenalee saw the deer, but the car next to us did not and hit the deer. They tried to swerve and avoid the deer nearly running us off the road. We pulled to the side of the road to get our bearings. Auna told us we shouldn't get out of the car because the highway is a busy road and we could get hit. Jenalee got out of the car and later swore she didn't her Auna say not to.
The driver of the car was very distraught about hitting the deer. His kids were sobbing and very upset. While everyone was looking at the damage the deer caused to the vehicle another car came down the road and almost hit the deer. They swerved and almost hit Auna, Jenalee, and the driver of the other car.
We were very lucky no one got seriously hurt. We learned no one should stop on a busy highway unless absolutely necessary. It is very dangerous.
We were so grateful nothing serious happened and were able to enjoy the rest of the evening. When I say enjoy I really mean laugh for the next four hours straight. It was so much fun! I can't tell you all the stupid stuff we laughed over, but it felt so good. I haven't laughed that hard for so long. I felt like I was a silly teenager all over again.
After dinner we went to a new out door shopping mall that reminds me a lot of The Gateway in SLC. It isn't finished yet, but so far is really cool. There were some neat water fountains and lights around the walkways. We decided to take our picture to remember the evening.
Now for those of you who know me aren't surprised at all to find another picture with my mouth wide open. My mom will be so proud.
But let me explain why. So, Wendi is on my left and she is standing right next to the outdoor fire lamp and she is telling the person taking our picture to hurry up because her arm is on fire. The lady on her left is also chuckling, but she somehow managed to close her mouth when she laughed. I should also mention there were about four pictures taken and this was the best one.
From left to right: Seri, Kathy, Jenalee, Brandi, Me, Wendi, Brandy, Auna
We can't wait to do it again. It was so much fun!





No comments:
Post a Comment