I have a love/hate relationship with gingerbread houses. I think they are fun to make, but man they are messy! This year we took our houses to a whole new level. Maybe not in originality, but in ease of construction. We borrowed our neighbor's wooden gingerbread houses. The wood is very light weight and all precut so assembly was a piece of cake. My neighbor also gave me a recipe for Royal Frosting. Wow! That stuff sticks like rubber cement. Our house are completely earthquake proof. Normally our houses fall apart and collapse constantly. The candies fall off and it is just a sticky gooey mess. This year it was just a sticky mess. I helped Grant with his house then I was having so much fun I made Celeste and I each a gingerbread house.
Next year I might not use the wooden gingerbread houses, but the Royal Frosting is a definite must.





No comments:
Post a Comment