I always post about my books, my thoughts, or my kids. I hardly ever post about Kyle. So, here is a Kyle post.
As an engineer Kyle has learned how lots of things work and how lots of things break. More importantly he has learned WHY they break and how to keep things from breaking. This has come in handy more than once in the past. This past month it has really come in handy.
For Christmas we rented a car to travel to Utah. After I returned the rental car I went to get in our "Ol' Reliable" and the battery was dead. Kyle had to come and jump the car. To make a long story short we had to jump the car three times before the car would stay on. One of the times we jumped it we didn't have the jumper cables placed correctly and fried a fuse in the radio. The radio didn't work any more.
Normally it wouldn't be a big deal to not have a radio, but this was the nice stereo Kyle bought me for my birthday that could play iPods. So we were bummed to lose this expensive stereo. The real kicker though was the big snow storm we had and traffic was so horrible it took Kyle 85 minutes to drive 7 miles to work. He apparently can't keep himself entertained for that long and went about trying to figure out how to fix the stereo. Well, he did!
Our dishwasher has had a broken soap dispenser since we moved here. Not a big deal, right? It just means we have to time our dishwasher for 7 minutes and 30 seconds before we put the soap in. Most of the time it isn't a problem because it takes me at least that long to wash pans, clean up leftovers, and tidy the kitchen. I have only missed the timer twice in the 10 months we have lived here.
My parents' had the same brand of dishwasher and so when their's died they took out the soap dispenser hoping it would work on ours. It was really close, but we were not that lucky. It did inspire Kyle to just fix it though. It has taken some time at the machine shop and a few different trials before it works, but he has fixed it.
I am grateful for a husband who can and will fix things. It saves us a lot of time and money! Thanks Honey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Richard is like this too.... he can fix most anything. Even our neighbor came and asked him to help fix his drain a few months ago. :) I LOVE having a handy husband.
Post a Comment