Thursday, November 12, 2009

30 Thankful Days

Day 10: Rescued!  I have already mentioned how excited I am about going down to 75% time.  I still get health insurance and all of that great stuff.  I just won't have to work every. single. day!  I am really looking forward to January.  Today it really hit me as we sat down and sorted out our kids on our caseloads.  I really love my job and I love the people I work with, but I love Grant more.  I have felt like such a terrible mother.  Especially when Grant screams for Aubrey when he is mad.  It just about breaks my heart.  I know my boss understands and has tried to help me as much as she can.  I really appreciate her.  I am just so very grateful for my work right now.

Day 11: Homemade Bread.  Today at one of my home visits a mom was baking homemade sour dough bread.  It smelled so good!  Right as I was leaving the bread got done.  She gave me a slice.  It was so yummy.  I have really learned to like sour dough bread as I have gotten older.  She could see I was being sincere and so she just gave me a whole loaf.  Wow!  How wonderful.  I came home and made soup for dinner.  Nothing is better than homemade soup and bread.

Day 12: The Rain.  I love the rain and I was so happy to see it raining this afternoon.  I wish it would rain all day.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I'm so glad you are doing this! It helps me think of all the things going right in my life. I can't wait for January for you! Grant is such a lucky little boy to have a mom who loves him so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...