Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am Thankful

I always get these great inspirational ideas way after the fact.  I figure 4 days isn't too terrible.  My friend is doing this on her blog and I think it is a great idea.  All too often I count the things I don't have instead of all the things I do have.  Here are some things I am grateful for the last 4 days.

Day 1: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup- I went down to my parents' house on Sunday for dinner and there is not very many things in this world that are better than your mom's homemade soup.  Thanks mom!

Day 2: Jodi- My babysitter called me this morning to tell me her daughter was sick.  I had to find a spare babysitter fast.  Thanks to Jodi Grant had a great day playing with his friend Matt.

Day 3: 75%- I found out today that I am going to be able to drop down to 75% time by the first of the year.  I can't even tell you how excited I am.  (Thanks Kyle for watching Grant today.)

Day 4:  Tardy and Free- Grant has been super cranky the last few days.  I was running late and the doctor office wasn't going to let me stay, but they were nice and said they would see him any way.  We found out he has a double ear infection.  Now we can start medicines and wait for our happy boy to return.  Thank goodness this is our first ear infection ever!  We have been very blessed.

4 comments:

Elise said...

I am so glad you get to go 75%! YAY!!! That will be so wonderful to be able to be home more. I can't wait for you. That will be a wonderful New Year's present! It was great to see you! I miss you guys and the fun personalities and quirks of the office. :)

jill said...

glad things are going well!!

Sierra said...

Gratitude makes me happy :-)

Karissa Berndt said...

I'm so excited for you to cut down to 75% at work! This past week I cut down my hours a bit at my job too, and it's AMAZING what a difference it makes getting off at 3:00 instead of 5:00--I'm loving it, and I'm so excited that you'll get to do it too!! And you're right about gratitude.... sometimes it's harder to see all the blessings when things are hard, but when we do focus on the things we're grateful for, it's so much easier to see all the good--thanks for the great reminder! Love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...