Saturday, November 7, 2009

Old Car is Money Saved

Day 7: I am very thankful today.  We took our car into a dealership to get a second opinion on our check engine light.  Good thing too!  We will be able to get our car fixed for about $500 vs. $1200.  This means that it will be cheaper to fix our car than to buy a new one.  As much fun as having a new car I am really grateful to not have a car payment.  We owe less than $200 on the car we own now.  I have been looking forward to not having a car payment for a long time now.  I know $500 is still a lot of money but it is less than 2 months of a new car payment.

1 comment:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

This comment is about c-sections vs. vbacs, so sorry it's unrelated to your car. I actually had to remain very open minded right up until I was ready to push. I was scheduled for a c-section on the same day that I was laboring. My doc was excellent and I couldn't have done it without his expertise. He had me come into the hosp. the night before and I stayed the whole night on a very very low dose of pitocin. It didn't even make me contract, it just got my body ready. I read many a horror-story about uterine rupture and was close to being convinced that a repeat cesarean was the safest way to go. After MUCH thought and prayer, I had a little tugging feeling that every labor, every birth, every situation regarding babies is different and not related to the last. Everything hinged, for me, on if my body dilated and showed signs of going into labor. It did and when I was 2 cm on my own, my doctor said he believed it was safe to have a trial of labor. It was eery to think that I could have surgery too....strange feeling, not knowing before hand which way the tables would turn. It turned out that because of my doctor, I was able to have a normal delivery and it was AMAZING! Sweetest recovery (compared to surgery) and much less risky.

I would say for me atleast, that it was worth a try, even if I had to have a c-section again. I was under VERY close surveillance and my doctor was ready to throw in the towel if labor didn't progress or there was the slightest inkling of a problem. I was totally scared of pitocin, but the highest it was turned to was 6 (whatever the units are) per minute, and a regular induction generally starts (at my hospital) at 12 units and is turned up 2 units every half hour and can get as high as 30. THAT would be risky I'm sure. So, educate yourself, find a GREAT doctor, and see if it's right for you. Good Luck!

P.S. I was also very concerned that c-sections can limit the amount of children you can have, so I wanted to not have to go there. Also I have a cousin who has health issues now, after having 3 sections. There's a risk with anything though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...