Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Morning


Christmas was so much fun this year!  I have to agree with Sierra when she said that Christmas and kids go together.  I had so much fun celebrating.  In addition to seeing Christmas lights and making cookies I read Christmas stories to Grant every night.  He quickly recognized Santa and only wanted to read the pages with Santa on them.   Grant liked baby Jesus in all of the Nativity scenes.  I was really appreciative to Grant's sweet and innocent personality.  He reminded me that Christmas isn't about all the of the stuff, but rather the spirit of the season.
For example look at his face when he came downstairs on Christmas morning and saw the tree!


This is the picture of true joy.  Grant got a basketball hoop for Christmas.  We have had a Nerf one that just hangs on a door or chair.  It has been ducted taped many times to keep it from falling apart.  Grant loves basketball and so we invested in a higher quality hoop.  Kyle got him a couple of basketballs.  Grant would have been perfectly content if all he got was basketballs.  Look at his face!





Grant definitely got the concept of opening presents this year.  He thought everything was going to be a basketball or a car.  He would rip the gift open and sometimes he was a little disappointed when it was just clothes.  It was so much fun!

2 comments:

shayla said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas!! Kids do make Christmas more fun.

Sierra said...

I love his "baheball!" He is a doll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...