I have been trying to teach Grant how to pray. It has been so sweet to listen to the things he prays for. I usually help him start, "Dear Heavenly Father" then I ask him who he wants to pray for. This is when it gets interesting. We have prayed for Granny, Papa, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Evy, Trace, Daddy, Lee, Grandma, Chris, Mommy, Easton, Lightening McQueen, combines, tractors, and milk. I let him pick a few things to pray for then I help him say, "amen."
Tonight I asked him if he was ready to say his prayers and this is what we got.
"ah-nee-ah-
Heny (heavenly) Fade (father) oh-ah-ee-ba-do-
-here there is some giggling-
ham ber her (hamburger)
oh-ah waher (water) ah-oh
hehu (Jesus) ah-ee
ay may (amen)"
I couldn't help smiling. In fact it was hard not to laugh. He thought he was so funny. I don't know why, but it was funny to him. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I love how innocent he is.
At first I was a little embarrassed about the things he would pray for. But then I realized that for him Cars, Elmo and Cookie Monster are his life. He is grateful for them. It doesn't matter that he prays for them. This has been a good reminder for me that Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. We only we get to know him by talking to him through prayer. I am sure Heavenly Father has a sense of humor and loves the prayers from small children as much as I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is great Cebu, love it!
How adorable! that has got to be one of the cutest things ever!
I still can't wait to hear him! He gets to say the prayer next Sunday :-) now we just need him to pray for me too
Post a Comment