The Glass Castle by Jeannette WallsMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
If I remember right my mom recommended this book.
This is a story about the author's childhood. She grew up in a dysfunctional home with a drunk father and a crazy mother. They had no money and moved across the country to run away from a variety of problems including debt.
The title "glass castle" comes from the father's crazy idea of building a beautiful glass castle for the family to live in. The children grow up believing this dream will become a reality.
I really enjoyed reading the story of a tough childhood from the view point of a child. I am impressed with the insight she has an adult. Especially when you consider how wild her childhood was.
I would recommend this book because it is a true story, the language is clean, and it is an inspiring story.
View all my reviews




1 comment:
I loved this one - I REALLY loved how she found the ability within herself to overcome her childhood. I also liked that even though her parents were screwed up, she still loved them. She's a great person.
Post a Comment